Welcome to the West Union Parks and Recreation Web site. This site has been created to inform you of what programs we offer, the schedules of all the programs offered, and downloadable sign-up forms.
Corona Virus information can be found on the Iowa Parks and Recreation page–www.iapra.org. This includes all proclamations guidelines from the CDC, IDPH, and other governing bodies. You can also call Parks and Recreation at 563.422.3685.
The Aquatic Center is open. Please click on the Aquatics tab, Calendar Tab or News tab for more information.
- 10 Aquatic Center Applications are due in parks and Rec Office
- 11 – Winter Festival – Click here for Details
- 11 – Motorized Vehicle Poker Run
- 15 – Register for Spring Soccer
- 18 – Sewing at One Block Over
- 25 – Community Awards Banquet
- Register for Baseball and Softball
- 1 – Sewing Pillowcases at One Block Over
- 8 – Loop Blankets – Must Pre-register at Parks and Recreation Adults/Children – Cost is $15
- 21-23 – Lifeguard Class – Water Skills
- 29th – Lifeguard Class – CPR portion
- 23-26 Iowa Parks and Recreation Spring Conference in Cedar Rapids
- 21 & 28 – Pickleball at West Union Elementary 9-11 a.m.
- 29 – Scheduling Meeting for Baseball and Softball at NFV High School Cafeteria
- 19 Baseball/Softball Coaches Meeting
- 4 Pickleball – West Union Elementary 9-11 a.m.
- 11 Pickleball – West Union Elementary 9-11 a.m.
- 18 Pickleball – West Union Elementary 9-11 a.m.
- 23 Firemen’s Pancake Supper 5-8 p.m.
- 25 Aquatic Center Opens for Season
- 29-30 High School 16 Team Tournament West Union Recreation Park
- 1-12 Swimming Lessons
- 15-26 Swimming Lessons
- 21 Father’s Day – All Fathers swim free at Aquatic Center
- 6-17 Swimming Lessons
- 4 Aquatic Center closes at 5 p.m. for 4th of July Festivities
- 4 Dodgeball, Pickleball, Adult Soccer at West Union Recreation Park
- 15-26 Swimming Lessons
- 13-18 Children’s Theatre – Beauty and the Beast
- 8 Iowa Foundation for Parks and Recreation Golf Outing
- 24 Soccer practice begins – Games on Saturdays
- 7 Cardboard Regatta. Click here for rules and details. Click here for physics info and tips/techniques.
- 7 Aquatic Center Closes for the season
- 10 Annual Pooch Plunge – Registration Form – Poster
- 14,21,28 Flag Football
- 14-16 IPRA Fall Workshop in Ankeny
- Mondays 5, 12, 19, 26, Flag Football
- 27-29 National Recreation and Parks Congress in Orlando, FL
- 31 Trail Run at Echo Valley State Park –Registration Link
- Cardboard Nation
- 9 Veteran’s Day
- 26 Thanksgiving
- 25 Christmas
To reserve Lion’s, Rotary, Sunset, Clark Park, or the West Union Recreation Park, please contact the Park and Recreation Department. See the City Park page for details.